Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No such thing as the "innocent" suffering...


I was reading a post about suffering on Christiananswers.net (just for fun, I sometimes type a question into google and then open the first response) and found this as a section title or point: "There is really no such thing as the “innocent” suffering". Do you agree with this? I believe fully in God, but this is always one of the areas in which I struggle to find peace. I struggle because I have worked so closely with those who were born with genetic defects or certain syndromes. I also struggle with the thought of suffering infants and toddlers. They are far too young make their own choices, therefore how are they not innocent. The same website also says this, "As far as babies are concerned, and others who may be incompetent mentally to distinguish right and wrong, it is clear from both Scripture and universal experience that they are sinners by nature and thus will inevitably become sinners by choice as soon as they are able to do so." I take from that statement "sinners by nature" and think that God created them, and the core of who they are then is a sinner, which God created. God made the clients that I worked with in Maine, sinners. He made them that way? Another website I opened was http://www.apocalipsis.org/difficulties/innocent.htm. This guy says that "suffering is the price for human freedom." According to Christianity, didn't Jesus pay that price? I am more than okay with people suffering if they deserve it...hell sometimes, I deserve it. Why the innocent, those who are incapable of doing right and wrong by choice?

No comments: