Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Canada Day

Fireworks will send an immense amount of smoke into the atmosphere this evening. Music and events are taken place all over Canada. The Queen is visiting. I am an American experiencing this day for only second time although Heather and I have been together for 5 and a half years. I'm excited. Someday in the near future...3-6 months, I will be a resident of Canada. They will have accepted me as the lesbian wife to Heather, where as the States does not. I am a bit disappointed in my country for making me choose between it or love. Of course I chose love. So I say to the United States of America... screw fourth of July. I'm not feeling very patriotic. When I lived there (although I adore Portland Maine) I did not feel free to be me. That's not okay. That's not how a free country should feel to anyone.

No comments: